Your resume is the foundation of your job search. We will develop a “master resume” that can be edited without too much trouble for different opportunities. I have personally written more than 3,000 resumes and other career documents, and I have reviewed thousands more. The writing process starts with:
Writing Strategy > Content > Presentation (Formatting)
The resume will do this:
- Tell your “career stories” with your accomplishments and work you have done so far.
- Convey how you want to be perceived.
- Position you for the work you want to do next.
- Clearly state why someone should hire you instead of someone else.
- Serve as part of interview preparation because you have gone through a comprehensive writing process.
- Review the flow chart for the resume writing process.
- Review my writing samples and the stories that go with them. You will find my own resume and bio.
- Review the page of “My Clients” to get a full list of my experience writing resumes.
- Schedule a call for an initial consultation. THERE IS NO CHARGE.
- Upload your resume and examples of job postings that interest you. Include a note about your current situation.
We will talk and decide how we can work together to develop a master resume that will help you get your next job. Click here for information on writing cover letters and other career documents. Then I will put together a service agreement with professional fees to get us started.