What is a LinkedIn Coach?
LinkedIn is the premier networking platform for business that is now used by more than 450 million people around the world. I offer coaching because it is not always intuitive, and can seem like it is complicated until you understand how to use it. Plus LinkedIn continually tweaks things, so it is challenging to keep up with new changes.
LinkedIn is a place to “see and be seen.” There are three primary purposes:
- How do you represent your current employer?
- How can you build and maintain your professional network?
- How can you use it to find a new job?
Coaching can include topics such as:
- Why is LinkedIn important and what is an overview?
- How do you create or edit an existing profile that will get you noticed?
- How do you keep your privacy but still be active on LinkedIn?
- How do you effectively give and receive recommendations?
- How do you state your specific skills and knowledge that will catch the attention of a potential employer?
- How do you apply for jobs that are posted on LinkedIn?
I use my own profile as a teaching tool through an in-office appointment or a screen share phone call for someone who cannot meet with me. It is easier to show you than to tell you.
Click here to see my own profile.
Your LinkedIn profile: I cannot go directly into your account to work on your profile because it is against Terms and Conditions. But I can put together written guidance. It is typically 5 – 10 pages, and includes information on both how to use the profile and suggested text based on your resume.
Schedule a call to get more information.
Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches (PARW/CC): Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC), Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), Certified Employment Interview Professional (CEIP)
Career Directors International: Online Job Search and Reputation Management (OJSRM)