What is an Interview Coach?
I love doing this type of coaching, because then people get back to me and tell me they got the job! I have been doing interview coaching for 18 years, starting as a recruiter at Robert Half, and now with Tools for Transition. Interviews are hard and make everyone nervous one way or another. But I know that if we can put together a good interview strategy, you will go in with confidence.
It always comes down to this: Why should someone hire you instead of someone else?
How will interview coaching help?
- You have an important interview coming up, and can’t afford to “blow it”.
- You haven’t interviewed for years (or maybe never), so you are nervous.
- You interviewed, but didn’t get the job offer. You don’t know why, and your next interview has to be much better.
- You don’t know how to research a company and the job. (I can do some of this research for you).
- You don’t really understand the basic principles of the interview process, so you don’t know how to prepare.
- You are not sure how to negotiate for your salary and other compensation.
- You have specific and sensitive issues you do not know how to handle properly such as a recent termination, bad references, employment gaps, and age.
- You just don’t like the idea of interviewing at all!
How Does It Work?
For an upcoming interview, send me the job posting and your resume to review. Most interview coaching takes about an hour, including some role playing. I will teach you how to research the industry, the company, and the people involved with your interviews. Of course we will put together strategies on salary negotiations and your interview follow-up.
If you have had several interviews that have not turned into job offers, we can review what happened in detail. Then we can define other strategies you can use in the future with more confidence.
If you are in the San Francisco area, we can do the coaching in my office. This is always helpful because then we can talk about body language as a way to convey your confidence.
Click here for more information on job search coaching.
Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches (PARW/CC): Certified Employment Interview Professional (CEIP). Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC). Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
Career Directors International: Certified Professional – Online Job Search and Reputation Management (OJSRM)