What is a Career Coach?
A career coach can help you in different ways. Maybe you know what you want to do next, but can’t figure out how to get there. Or maybe you are at a turning point in your life and career, and really don’t know what you want to do next. I can help you either way.
Every career coach has a different style of working, so we need to be a good match for each other. I have an approach and process that I have developed over time that works well. Many of my clients have either made significant career changes, or found ways to optimize what they are doing now. I love being a coach because it can make a real difference for people.
- What is blocking your efforts to define your career and find a new job?
- Are you unfocused or confused?
- What do others in your life think you should do? Do you agree?
- What gives you pleasure, positive challenges, and meaning in your life?
- How can you help other people while also providing for you and your family?
Schedule a call. There is NO charge for an initial consultation.
My Coaching Process
I try to be neutral and non-judgmental in our conversation. I don’t have an agenda other than I want you to be happy with your work. I don’t know what you should next, but I can help you discover that for yourself.
I am very practical, and always make sure that we have a clear agenda for our coaching sessions. You will have some good take-aways from our conversation. I will give you homework! The process is both internal and external. Where are you now, and what might be your future?
Then I am a good partner for focused and productive conversation. I will provide accountability for you to go through your own process. Coaching can be done in my office in the San Francisco area, by phone or by Skype. What will we do?
- Brainstorm ideas
- Assess what you are doing now
- Develop both short-term and long-term strategies.
- Put together realistic action plans for taking your next steps.